Healing Will Come

The sky was dark. Puddles, the smell of rain and dirt, drops clamoring on the roof, and then there was something else. Crying. Loud, messy sobbing. A girl was sitting with her head over her knees shaking her hands in distress saying, "Why?". She shook her head. Tears blending with her soft hair, wetting her eyelashes and collecting at the bottom of her face and over her knees. The man who was sitting next to her was shaking, crying silently and then loudly choking and out of breath. He reached for her hand. He said something like "I don't know. This world is evil. It hurts deep." She's trembling and between breaths she shouts, "But why. Why do I deserve this? Why do all the people I love deserve this? Why do I have to bear this? Why was all of this taken away from me?". He doesn't have the answer, does anyone? They resolve to leave the night unresolved because they don't know the answers. They exchange a shaky embrace and then each go on their way.

   
     "Did I hurt you?"
     "Ya."
     "A lot?"
     "Ya. Did I hurt you a lot?"
     "Ya."
And they hug. A long hug. "I'm so sorry", she says. "I'm so so sorry for everything", the other voice says.
     "I forgive you."
     "I forgive you."
That's all they have to say. They shared the same burden, they have the same scar, and now they embark on the same healing.


I don't know why things cut so deep, I don't know why storms are so strong and the waters are so heavy, I don't know why some of us cry ourselves to sleep. But, I do know that God is not in that pain. Love is not in that pain. But, God's love is like a flower that is somehow always going to bloom around that storm. Love is going to grow out of the ashes. Healing will come.

Healing can mean lots of different things...
Forgiving: yourself or someone else. Overcoming your fear. Getting coffee, or just having fun and doing life with someone who hurt you. Forgetting and putting the past away. Choosing to love: yourself or someone else. Being honest about your hurt or bitterness. Forgiving even when no one has told you "I'm sorry", or acknowledged the damage they did. Stepping out of your comfort zone: doing something you've always wanted to do. Eating a meal with your enemy. Acknowledging that you made a mistake.

Healing will come. Flowers will grow out of your ashes-and love will win, because love always wins.





Comments

  1. This world is definitely evil. There are multiple stories I could tell about the hurt I've experienced and how I've sat up till the early hours of the morning dangerously deep in my thoughts, but then I wouldn't be anonymous anymore. Some of the best people I've met turn out to be the most cruel and it's shattered my heart into a million pieces. But still I keep loving. I find it hard to hold a grudge or a bad opinion of a person for too long, and I pat myself on the back for that. People who have done awful things are forever forgiven after the initial hurt passes.

    There's not enough love in this world. So many choose instead to be angry and bitter, or to hold grudges and purposefully plot against people and hurt them bad. I could never do that in my right mind.

    Nice work on the post. Lots to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this tonight. I so needed to hear alot of this and an understanding prayer that healing will come. The hurt can cut very deep and leaves us spiralling out of control. Its good to be reminded that God has us. ❤love ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad this could speak to you. Love you too! 💗We definitely need to officially meet sometime.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts